Thursday 2 May 2013

My first look post!

The sun has finally decided to rear it's beautiful head and for the first time this year, I left my house without my big bobbly coat! Although the weather reached a pleasant 16 degrees today (yes, that's considered warm here in Britain), I decided to stick to mostly a black outfit.

This is my first look post, so I have no idea how to pose in front of a (rubbish iPhone) camera. I did my best.


My mesh crop top can be found at Topshop. I tried this on about a month ago and really liked it but decided not to buy it. But when I found it in the sale just a couple of days ago for £12 (down from £26) I couldn't pass up the opportunity. My bouclĂ© shorts were originally from H&M although I snapped them up for 99p (£3.99 including shipping) on eBay. My shoes were also off eBay, originally from Topshop, I got these bad boys for £25. I love eBay. And the leather jacket from Peacocks I have had for years!

Black is my comfort zone, and although it usually looks boring, I like to think that my mix of textures and patterns spiced up the look a little bit. And even though black isn't typically associated with spring, I thought that my (too short) shorts and skin baring mesh top would make up for the lack of summer in my outfit today. And let's be realistic, it's not like the sun was going to reach any blazing temperatures today. You know the kind, when that black jacket suddenly turns into a back burning torture device.

How did you enjoy the gorgeous weather today?

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit, love the shorts xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. :) such a bargain!!

      Delete