Friday 10 May 2013

Peeper Protectors!

The only glimpse of summer has probably just passed, but just in case we are lucky enough to receive some more sunshine, I think a spectacular pair of shades are to be prepared!

I don't currently own a pair of sunglasses as I never holiday anywhere hot, and the British weather only seems to demand a pair of solar shields for a couple of days a year. But the range of spectacles out there is just too tempting, and I really should protect my peepers from those harmful rays. So here is a round up of my favourite (affordable) sunnies.






(left to right)
Half Frame Round Sunglasses - Ebay £1.99
Bronze Round Sunglasses - Urban Outfitters £16
Milo Round Sunglasses - Topshop £12
Etched Frame Castro Sunglasses - Urban Outfitters £16
Half Frame Round Sunglasses - ZeroUV $9.99
Classic Retro Sunglasses - ASOS £12

I recently came across the the American brand ZeroUV and they have a huge range of amazing sunglasses and they're all really cheap. Unfortunately, the price gets bumped up with the additional cost of delivery, but to be honest, they're still a good price for a pair of sunglasses. Personally though, I could never buy a pair of sunnies without first trying them on.

There is quite a big focus on the 'steampunk' trend and although I really love this style of sunglasses, I don't want to look too 'pretentious' with my choice of shades. Another big trend at the moment in the world of sun goggles are the very extravagant, heavily embellished glasses, decorated with the likes of flowers and pearls. I must say these aren't to my taste, and I could never pull such a statement piece of eye-wear off, but if you can then go for it!

I wonder how many synonyms for 'sunglasses' I have used in the post. Have you got your peeper protectors ready for this summer? 

2 comments:

  1. I love the first pair, such a bargain!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I just worry that they wouldn't suit me if I bought them. But for that price, who cares?? :)

    ReplyDelete