Sunday 5 May 2013

A little rant and a little tip

So my 17th birthday was way back in October, and I was very lucky to receive my provisional and all my driving lessons as a gift. There's no way I could've forked out enough money to pay for them myself!

But unfortunately I waited until about March before actually applying for my provisional. And since I don't have a passport (because my family seems to enjoy holidaying in cold, rainy Wales) the process took a lot longer. A photo signed by someone a) not living in my household and b) not related to me, two alternative forms of ID and about a fortnight later... I had my provisional. And yet still, being as angry at myself as I was for not doing this sooner, it took me until yesterday to actually get round to booking some lessons!

To be fair, I had a deadline for my Graphics and Textiles coursework that was consuming all of my time, and I still have an English Literature resit I am meant to be revising for, so the amount of time I had available to learn to drive was pretty limited. But now the deadline has passed, and my driving lesson's booked for the day after my Lit exam, I have to say that I am relieved that I finally got round to doing this. But I'm also fuming with myself, because in reality, had I started learning to drive right away, I would've passed my test by now! Actually no, in reality, my nervousness of facing the road would've meant I'd be in hospital by now after causing a huge pile up somewhere.

But regardless! My tip to anyone who is approaching the 17 mark: GET YOUR PROVISIONAL AND BOOK SOME LESSONS! Because you'll severely regret it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment