Tuesday 21 May 2013

Favourite Beauty Essentials!

I'm not too fussed when it comes to my beauty products. I don't have a huge beauty regime nor can I justify spending more than £4 on any beauty product (with the exception of foundation, which I don't really wear anyway). But there are some fabulous products I just need in my life, and I don't know how I'd cope without them.


The first product I want to rave to you about is Palmer's Cocoa Butter. This body butter is super thick and luscious. It glides on without making your skin look greasy and leaves behind a delightful chocolate smell making it hard not to bite a chunk out of your own arm (a bit like that weird looking guy on the Lynx Chocolate advert). And if you don't like the smell of chocolate, then they do a fragrance free version which is just as good! I've tried a one or two other cocoa butters in my time, and the odd shea butter, but none are nearly as thick and dreamy as this. I've noticed Garnier moisturiser in particular makes my skin look really greasy, as if I've just applied loads of sun lotion. So this one is by far my favourite! To be honest, I just love anything by Palmer's. The olive butter is almost as good!


Next is this liquid eyeliner by Collection 2000. Honestly, I've never tried any other liquid eyeliner so I can't really compare. But that's because I've never needed to! I first picked this up just because it was so cheap (£2.99!!) but it's proved to be a miracle. This stuff just doesn't budge! I've even gone to bed with it on (I know, shame on me) and woke up the next morning with it still fairly intact. This stuff is quite easy to apply, and has become an absolute essential of mine!


So I have a bit of an obsession with lip balm. It all started in the winter of 2011 when my lips became really chapped. A friend recommended Carmex to me and this stuff is just magic!! I've been through about 3 tubs in my time (and I find the original to be better than the flavoured ones), but a few of months ago I ran out. I was surviving on a Chapstick that I found in my bedroom for a while, and it was okay, but nothing compared to Carmex. I then nipped to Boots one day to buy some more Carmex but they didn't have any in store so I settled for Burt's Bees after seeing my friend use it. Although it's quite good, I really regret not buying the original one because this pomegranate oil one has a really weird smell. A rule seems to be occurring here, always buy the original! Finally, the Palmer's lip balm came free with my moisturiser one day so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It still has the same lovely smell, but once the intial creamy-ness has worn of, my lips don't feel that moisturised. So my verdict? Carmex all the way!

And they're all my favourite beauty essentials! I'd really recommend them all, and obviously since this is me, they aren't too expensive. What beauty product do you swear by? Leave a comment and let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment