Sunday 5 May 2013

JuJu for jellies!

I don't have much luck when it comes to buying new trends. One of two things usually happens to me; I impulsively buy the item either to go off it (insert picture of my dusty TOMS here), or find that the trend doesn't stick around for very long; or I wait too long to buy the item and I'm then put off ever buying it for the reasons stated above, and it turns out that the trend sticks around for ages!

Unfortunately money is always going to be an obstacle, unless I marry a rich man (Joseph Gordon-Levitt, please) so I can't afford to have every new trend. But hopefully I chose wisely to tap into the new trend of jelly shoes! I was desperately seeking a shoe to see me through the summer, so maybe these will do the job. I chose to get them in black because then they'll go with everything. I made the mistake of buying purple doc martens a few years ago only to wish now that I'd gotten them in black, so my new motto is 'better to be black than sorry'.




I'm very excited to wear my new JuJu Babe's. Hopefully my mother will be nipping to the supermarket today so I can tag along and use it as an excuse to flash of my new 'kicks'. Although my sister's confirmation is later today, I'm not sure if it's the appropriate occasion for jelly shoes. I've never been to a confirmation before. What is the dress code for this kind of event?

As usual when I buy a bit of a statement piece, I'm concerned that I won't know how to style these up. However I have looked around on lookbook for inspiration and they seem like they go with almost everything! But just in case any of you have the same concerns, I'm going to try to do a blog post on how to wear jellies soon, and maybe a review.

What are your opinion on jellies, love or hate? Have you got a pair of shoes that will be your staple piece through summer? Leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your shoes, they're amazing!!! <3

    londonandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! they're not everyone's cup of tea. :)

      Delete