Monday 29 April 2013

Confessions of an eBayaholic

It all started approximately 7 years ago...

I had just started Guides and they were planning a prom themed party. I needed the perfect dress. My mother and I looked everywhere, then one day she logged on to eBay. Hundreds and hundreds of dresses appeared at much more affordable prices. I found one I liked then we waited till the last 10 seconds. 10, 9, 8... I remember it so clearly; 7, 6... I really wanted that dress; 5, 4... I prayed that my mother was the highest bidder; 3, 2, 1... SOLD! YOU WON THE ITEM! I screamed. And that's where I was first introduced to the God send that is eBay.

More recently I've become obsessed. Who can resist grabbing that top for £2.50 when it should have been £32? Sometimes P&P charges can be a bitch. You feel chuffed because you won a dress for 99p, but it costs you about £4.99 in reality. But who cares?

My dad. I'm not old enough to have a PayPal account so all my orders go through his account. Of course I pay him back, but he doesn't approve. I recently spent about £80 on eBay, for which I bagged four dresses, a shirt, two skirts, a pair of shorts and some Topshop Joni jeans. Not bad! But after that splurge I decided I give up on eBay for a while. But just a couple of days ago my watch list managed to shoot up to over 70 items again. I think I've relapsed.

Here are my most recent bargains:


Topshop Crop Top - £4.70 (including P&P)
I only got this today. Can't wait for it to arrive.


Topshop Button Denim Skirt - 4.99
I love this skirt, I wear it all the time now! It's a tad big, but it's fine with a belt on.


H&M Boucle Shorts - £3.99
These shorts are more like hotpants. I'm a bit concious of exposing my butt cheeks, but otherwise I really like them.

Do you use eBay? What are you favourite bargains that you've got?

No comments:

Post a Comment