Thursday 25 July 2013

Intern Diaries: Week 2

The tasks for my second week as an intern were similar from the first week. The whole internship has involved a lot of social media. I'm happy I get such a big role when it comes to this and I am completely trusted to update all the social networking websites with whatever I want! I even set the brand up with a Lookbook account. 

Here's how my week went:

Day 1 - The first day of the week saw us photographing all the shoes we didn't get the chance to shoot at the weekend. We also made a fun little video of us dancing around in the shoes. There was some seriously funky footwork going on! Only a few of the shoes were my size so I don't think I can quite call myself a foot model just yet.

Day 2 - I had to upload pictures of all the sale items to our Facebook and Pinterest pages. This was a pretty tedious task but I guess it's the interns job to do all the nitty gritty stuff. I was also given the task of creating a few mood boards for the new collection whilst looking after the shop. We finally received the shots from the photo shoot at the weekend, so another tedious job was lined up - uploading all the items to ASOS Marketplace. Hurrah!

Day 3 - As well as becoming a foot model this week, I also gave hand bag and scarf modelling a try. All these pictures were also uploaded to ASOS Marketplace. More social media work was done, and it was today I set up the Lookbook account! I also started using their Chictopia account again which had been lying dormant for quite some time. 

Day 4 - My final day! Myself and some of the other interns spent the day in the shop whilst working on the brand's social media. We even got cake because it was on of the interns' birthdays over the weekend! It was a nice final day to have despite the weather welding my bottom to my seat! 

I really enjoyed my time and I feel like I learnt so much in such a short space of time. Of course I'd love to intern at bigger companies, but it's true that you get a real hands on experience on smaller brands because the team is so much smaller! Everyone was so friendly and I intend on going back for another two weeks later on in the holidays, but I need to time to relax and catch up on my college work first!

Please leave any questions, I'd love to hear from you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment