Monday 15 July 2013

Intern Diaries: The Photo-shoot

Don't get your hopes up thinking that this was some high end, glamorous photo shoot. It wasn't. All the prep was done in the tiny office, the shots were done just outside our building using only a camera, and we had about sixty different outfits with three different make-up looks on two different models to shoot in the space of about six hours. Talk about hectic!

My job was primarily just to carry the masses of clothes around with me to allow for super fast changing, with a few opinions on the styling and direction of the shoot thrown in. I found myself peering over the photographers shoulder to get a peep of the photos - and they looked fab! It's amazing what a bit of make-up, some natural light and a decent camera can do! They're gonna be the coolest shots on ASOS Marketplace - watch out!

It was great to be able to get so involved with the photo shoot, even though the brand is only small, and the team even tinier. I'd love to be able to experience a full on glam editorial for Vogue, but that's setting my hopes a little to high, don't ya think? Regardless, the whole day was so much fun and the lovely weather made it even better!

The shoot just consisted of product shots for ASOS Marketplace, so it was quite technical in that we had to show off the clothes accurately, with views from all angles, and we had to apply the no flash and no editing rules that ASOS enforce. We gathered quite a crowd! The professionals on the shoot such as the make-up artist and male model were confused as to why people found this interesting but it isn't something you see everyday! At least I haven't seen a shoot take place before. If I was one of them I'd be stopping and staring too! Heck, I'd put my jacket on the ground and sit and watch!!

It was a loooong day. I arrived at 10am, and didn't leave till 8pm. We weren't expecting it to take so long but it was well worth it. The shots look great, it was a fun day and I can now say I've assisted on a photoshoot. Win win all round!

No comments:

Post a Comment