Sunday 28 April 2013

Mint Madness!

Do you have an automatic response you tell people when they ask you a certain question, even though that response is simply not true? For example, when asked what your favourite film is you say Pulp Fiction, even though it's actually Toy Story 3. Well my automatic response is pink. As in what-is-your-favourite-colour pink. But I'd never wear pink, or have my room pink, or paint my nails pink. So why do I say it? In reality, I love mint!

I'm not talking about the mints you eat, or the adjective 'mint' - that only antique collectors use. I'm talking about that delicious pale green which wouldn't look out of place on top of an ice cream cone. I can't get enough!

The pastel trend is nothing new. It grazed the catwalks back in SS12, and now that spring is finally here again it's making a comeback! I'm a lover of all pastel colours, but mint holds a special place in my heart. As I'm typing this I have a mint polish on my nails (albeit very chipped), and sat right next to me is my phone engulfed in a (grubby) mint case. Although it's coming across that I don't look after myself and my belongings very well, the actual point I'm trying to make is that I LOVE MINT!

To celebrate all things mint, here are some of my favourite pieces in this fabulous colour:




Image 1 of ASOS PETITE Blouse With Double Collar In Stripe Print








No comments:

Post a Comment