Saturday 27 April 2013

Am I missing a milestone?

Most of my thinking is done before I fall asleep at night. But the other night my body decided to wake me up at half past three in the morning, and I had a bit of an epiphany.

I want to go to a festival!!

I'd never thought about it too much. A few people I know are going but all my closest friends have opted against spending their summer in a nylon house and using dry shampoo rather than the actual stuff.

But it's an experience! And according to my 'peers' 17 is the year for festivals and 18 is for holidays! And when I go to uni I don't want to be the only one who doesn't have a rotting wristband still latched on their arm.

But how do people my age afford this!? I figured the answer was either they have a job, or very generous parents. And unfortunately I have neither. And I can assume that many other people are in the same boat as me, so how did they fork out £200+ to go?

And even if I could afford it, who would I go with? Everyone I know who is going to Leeds is coupled up, so I'd be third wheeling times 5! Maybe I could convince my own boyfriend to go?

Am I being silly? Is going to a festival that much of an experience that I can't pass through to adulthood without having been to one? I don't know, but am I willing to take that risk?

No comments:

Post a Comment