Friday 26 April 2013

It's a tea party!

You know those people? Those who can walk into a vintage or charity shop and pull out tonnes of gorgeous items, and only pay £7 for the whole lot? Those people you're insanely jealous of because their wardrobe is twice the size of yours and probably half the price? I'm not one of those people.

My luck with charity and vintage shops is fairly non-existent. Admittedly I've gotten a fair few things off eBay for pennies, but I'm no bargain queen. So after longing for an adorable little vintage tea dress for quite some time, I am happy to see that they are very on trend this season, meaning that most high street stores will be stocking them, making them a whole lot more accessible. But probably more expensive!

So here's a round up of my favourite tea dresses this season, from the 'ooh, I could probably afford that' to the 'if only Christmas was nearer'.

Image 1 of River Island Bright Tea Dress

So this first one is probably one of my favourites, and you can find this at River Island for £28 (or River Island @ ASOS), which I don't think is a bad price! I love that it has buttons all the way down. I don't think a tea dress is really a tea dress without a few buttons.


This next one is from Motel for £40, but students can get 25% discount at the moment which means you could snap this one up for £30! Annoyingly, the models hair is in the way of the neckline, but it's v-neck, wrap style dress.

Image 1 of Nishe Sweetheart Dress with Fruit Embroidery

This Nishe dress can be bought from ASOS for £50. The Nishe collection has a quite a few tea dresses with a very similar cut to this one, although this pattern was my favourite.



Moving up the price scale a little, we have this number from Urban Outfitters for £52, and you can save 20% at the moment. This one has to be my favourite because of the dark colour and delicate print making it very easy to wear. It also has those buttons all the way down which I love!

Image 1 of H O U S E of H A C K N E Y Original Smock Dress in Green Dalston Candy Print

And finally, this adorable silk dress with a beautiful subtle print in a gorgeous pastel colour - which is perfect for SS13 - is from ASOS. It costs (unfortunately) £252. Oh well. I can dream.

As you can see, my idea of a tea dress is very specific; cap sleeve, buttoned front, but that's just what I like. There are many other kinds of tea dresses out there that still hold the feminine, vintage feel that are perhaps more suited to your taste.

Good luck to everyone with your SS13 wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment