Tuesday 14 January 2014

Check Mate!

I've always had a bit of a thing for tartan and have secretly been wanting to don a stylish alternative of a kilt for some time now, but I've been afraid I would come out either looking like a Scot-gone-wrong or a Halloween style 'indecent' school girl. But now that tartan (and other forms of check-ery) are bang on trend, I can finally go out in Clueless style!

I've put together some of my favourite tartan pieces for you, so you can go and buy them if you like! I myself will try to refrain, although I might have to make an exception for one or two items. 


Check Mate



Motel red jacket £55 / Sparkle Fade green plaid jacket £68 / Missguided punk pants £24.99 / Missguided short skirt £19.99 / New Look Green Short skirt £16.99 / New Look Monochrome Short skirt £17.99

(trying out the new Polyvore features - let me know if you'd rather I typed and linked you myself)

It seems I do have a preference for the green tartan over any other. I think it's much more subtle and easier to pull off!
You may have noticed the slip dress isn't linked. Unfortunately the dress isn't available any more (it's from Zara - you might be able to get it on eBay) but I wanted to throw it on there cos I own it myself and I absolutely love it *blog post to come soon!*

Are you a fan of the tartan trend? Leave a comment 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment